Mission, vision and values
Little Brothers’ mission is to welcome and provide support to lonely elders by creating a caring, committed extended family around them, dedicated to alleviating their isolation and being by their side throughout their remaining years.
Our vision is outlined in the goals set out in our 2016–2020 strategic plan:
- Review, revamp, prioritize, disseminate and improve support services and practices for our Elder Friends, both internally (through staff and volunteers) and externally (through strategic partners), in a way that makes the best use of available resources.
- Implement an external communication strategy to raise the organization’s profile and position Little Brothers as an expert on issues related to senior isolation.
- Grow net revenue with a view to balancing the budget and ensuring the long-term sustainability and growth of the organization.
- Improve operational excellence in order to optimize the organization’s cost structure and increase efficiency.
- Provide more support, promote skills development and engagement, and improve internal communications and other HR management practices aimed at volunteers and staff.
- Develop a dynamic plan to grow the number of Elder Friends served, using allotted financial, human and material resources, and provide the appropriate level of support to front-line teams.
These values have been the basis of our work with seniors 75 and older for 58 years. They are still relevant today:
- The unique and irreplaceable value of every human being
- The fact that every human being, no matter what their background or physical, mental or social status, deserves respect
- The importance of honouring individual choices, beliefs and values
- Free access to everything we offer, without the expectation of receiving anything in return
- Commitment to our work and the Little Brothers family
- The spirit of celebration and the importance of encouraging and empowering Elder Friends’ desires and dreams
- Companionship until the end of life.
“The unique and irreplaceable worth of every individual is one of our deeply held core values.”
– Caroline Sauriol, Executive Director of Little Brothers, presents the vision and mission of the organization in this talk given at the 2013 YMCA Forum. (French only)