Mission, vision and values
Little Brothers’ mission is to counter the isolation of the older people throughout their remaining years.
By 2030, we will have had a significant impact on the lives of more than 10,000 socially isolated seniors.
Our vision is outlined in the goals set out in our 2020-2023 strategic plan:
- Review and implement an improved array of services for our Great Friends, in conjunction with our strategic partners.
- Bring our mission to as many socially isolated seniors as possible, embracing an open approach to diversity.
- Strive to attract, develop, retain and engage talent, both volunteers and employees.
- Ensure the optimal performance and use of financial, material and technological resources.
- Develop and implement a strategy to increase revenue.
- Raise the visibility and social impact of Little Brothers.
These values have been the basis of our work with seniors 75 and older for 58 years. They are still relevant today:
- The unique and irreplaceable value of every human being
- The fact that every human being, no matter what their background or physical, mental or social status, deserves respect
- The importance of honouring individual choices, beliefs and values
- Free access to everything we offer, without the expectation of receiving anything in return
- Commitment to our work and the Little Brothers family
- The spirit of celebration and the importance of encouraging and empowering Elder Friends’ desires and dreams
- Companionship until the end of life.
“The unique and irreplaceable worth of every individual is one of our deeply held core values.”
– Caroline Sauriol, Executive Director of Little Brothers, presents the vision and mission of the organization in this talk given at the 2013 YMCA Forum. (French only)