Considering that the population we serve is the most vulnerable to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the fact that many of our Great Friends live in group housing, it is our responsibility as an organization to take all necessary measures to help prevent this virus from spreading.
We therefore call upon all Little Brothers employees and volunteers to be diligent in adhering to the hygiene guidelines issued by public health authorities and to self-isolate as required.
Suspension of services
The following preventive measures are therefore effective immediately:
- All group activities and home visits (including those related to our long-term pairing program) are suspended until April 30, 2020.
- This includes all Easter activities, celebrations and visits.
- All fundraising events organized by Little Brothers for the coming weeks are hereby cancelled or postponed.
We are also currently assessing the situation regarding activities and events scheduled after April 30, 2020.
Specifically, this will affect the following:
- IMAX Night Out fundraiser (March 23): postponed to September 2020
- Easter celebrations (April 11 and 12): cancelled
- Benefit concert in Longueuil (March 14): cancelled
- Visits to Juliette Huot Lodge, scheduled to start back up in May: TBD
- Benefit dinner in Quebec City (May 12): TBD
- Volunteer recognition events: TBD
Watching out for our Great Friends
Our staff and volunteers are currently putting together telephone chains to keep in regular touch with our Great Friends during this crisis. Sadly, self-isolation measures and the cancellation of Easter celebrations will only contribute to their overall loneliness. Checking in by phone will therefore be more important than ever to reassure them and provide a caring, attentive presence in their lives in the coming weeks. If you are a Little Brothers volunteer and are available to be part of our telephone chain, please let your team coordinator know as soon as possible.
We will continue monitoring the situation carefully and adjust as needed.
Meanwhile, be sure to watch our website and our Facebook page for updates.