Advisor, Engagement and Mobilization
Little Brothers is currently looking for an Advisor, Engagement and Mobilization
Little Brothers’ mission is to welcome and provide support to lonely elders by creating a caring, committed extended family around them, dedicated to alleviating their isolation and staying by their side throughout their remaining years. Our organization has been growing steadily over the past few years and currently serves more than 1,700 seniors across the province, with the help of nearly 2,300 volunteers.
Our well-established team of dynamic, engaged professionals and volunteers work together to bring our mission to life. Join us and help bring a ray of sunshine into the lives of socially isolated seniors.
Are you passionate about:
- Working toward Little Brothers’ mission to counter seniors’ loneliness?
- Promoting volunteer engagement and mobilization?
- Planning and organizing activities and events?
- Working in a dynamic, constantly changing environment where new ideas and initiative are encouraged?
We are looking for someone to support the teams in the assigned region in attracting, engaging and managing volunteers. The successful candidate will also provide support to the regional administration in mobilizing and coordinating local teams.
Main duties include the following:
- Lead volunteer recruiting campaigns, coordinate Little Brothers’ participation in volunteer fairs, etc.
- Assist and support local team coordinators in developing and implementing volunteer recruiting strategies.
- Assist, support and advise team coordinators in setting up, leading and motivating various volunteer committees.
- Advise team coordinators on managing volunteers.
- Coordinate training sessions for volunteers for all assigned teams, train volunteer instructors and occasionally facilitate training sessions.
- Serve on the national volunteer committee.
- Support the regional administration in coordinating teams, organizing area meetings, etc.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a college diploma (DCS) in a field related to community service, human resources or another relevant discipline.
- You have at least three years of experience in a similar position.
- You have experience managing and coordinating a team of volunteers.
- You are familiar with the living conditions and needs of the elderly and with volunteer efforts aimed at vulnerable seniors.
- You enjoy working independently in an environment where initiative is valued.
- You have strong organizational, planning and multitasking skills.
- You are an effective communicator and facilitator and are fluent in both French and English.
- You are available to work a flexible schedule (occasional evenings and weekends as well as major holidays such as Christmas and Easter).
- You have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle, and are available to travel locally.
What we are offering:
- A position based in Saint-Eustache (occasional travel to Saint-Jérôme, St-Eustache, Laval, Mascouche and Trois-Rivières required).
- Full time (35 hours/week).
- Competitive benefits package.
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience.
Want to take up the challenge?
Send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Advisor, Engagement and Mobilization” in the subject line of your email.