Team Coordinator – Montreal
Little Brothers is currently looking for a Team Coordinator
(Permanent position based in the Sud-Ouest borough of Montréal)
Little Brothers’ mission is to welcome and provide support to lonely elders by creating a caring, committed extended family around them, dedicated to alleviating their isolation and staying by their side throughout their remaining years. Our organization has been growing steadily over the past few years and currently serves more than 1,700 seniors across the province, with the help of nearly 2,300 volunteers.
Our well-established team of dynamic, engaged professionals and volunteers work together to bring our mission to life. Join us and help bring a ray of sunshine into the lives of socially isolated seniors.
Are you passionate about:
- Working toward Little Brothers’ mission to counter seniors’ loneliness?
- Recruiting, coordinating and collaborating with volunteers to ensure the well-being of older people?
- Planning various forms of support for the women and men served by Little Brothers (visits, activities, check-ins, etc.)?
- Working in a dynamic, constantly changing environment where new ideas and initiative are encouraged?
Little Brothers is looking for a Team Coordinator to oversee planning, organization and follow-up for local chapter activities. The successful candidate will lead a team of volunteers and ensure their motivation and engagement. They will also help identify and support socially isolated seniors.
Main duties include the following:
- Oversee volunteer recruitment, training, integration and engagement.
- Coordinate and facilitate volunteer committee meetings and create short- and long-term work plans based on team and organizational goals.
- Coordinate, supervise and support the team’s volunteers.
- Work with volunteer committees to find, welcome and provide support to the women and men served by the organization.
- Assist with planning and carrying out activities.
- Promote the organization and its mission at the local level.
- Build and maintain relationships with local partners (residences/homes, social workers, community organizations, etc.).
- Coordinate the release of the monthly volunteer newsletter.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a college diploma (DCS) in a field related to community service or another relevant discipline.
- You have at least three years of experience in a similar position.
- You have experience managing and coordinating a team of volunteers.
- You are familiar with the living conditions and needs of the elderly and with volunteer efforts aimed at vulnerable seniors.
- You enjoy working independently in an environment where initiative is valued.
- You have strong organizational, planning and multitasking skills.
- You are fluent in both French and English and are an effective communicator and facilitator.
- You are available to work a flexible schedule (occasional evenings and weekends as well as major holidays such as Christmas and Easter).
- You have a valid driver’s licence and are available to travel locally.
What we are offering:
- A permanent, full-time position (35 hours a week).
- A flexible schedule.
- Four weeks of vacation after the first year.
- A competitive benefits package (group insurance, group RRSP with employer contributions, sick days, etc.).
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience.
Want to take up the challenge?
Send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “Team Coordinator Montreal ” in the subject line of your email.