Team Coordinator – Little Brothers – West Island Chapter
Have you always wanted to make a difference?
Little Brothers’ mission is to welcome and provide support to lonely elders by creating a caring, committed extended family around them, dedicated to alleviating their isolation and being by their side throughout their remaining years. The only organization of its kind in Quebec, Little Brothers has been an active advocate for seniors for 55 years. In 2017–2018, with the help of more than 2,000 dedicated volunteers, Little Brothers reached out to 1,450 “Elder Friends.”
Are you passionate about:
- Recruiting, coordinating, supporting and working closely with a team of committed volunteers?
- Working toward Little Brothers’ mission by empowering volunteers to alleviate seniors’ loneliness and build an extended family around them?
- Planning and organizing activities and events?
- Securing funding, and forming and maintaining long-lasting relationships with various partners?
- Working in a dynamic, constantly changing environment where new ideas and individual initiative are encouraged?
Does this sound like you?
- You have a college diploma in a field related to social work, community service or another relevant discipline.
- You have held a similar job in the past.
- You have experience in volunteer management and coordination.
- You are familiar with the living conditions and needs of the elderly and with volunteer efforts aimed at vulnerable seniors.
- You are an exceptional leader who motivates the people around you.
- You enjoy working in an environment where you are free to make your own decisions and take initiative.
- You are perfectly fluent in written and spoken English and communicate effectively in French.
- You have strong organizational, planning and multitasking skills.
- You are an effective communicator, activity leader and writer.
- You are available to work a flexible schedule (the occasional evening or weekend for events as well as Christmas, Easter and other major holidays).
- You have a valid driver’s licence and access to a car (the position is based in Pointe-Claire and requires travelling within the West Island).
What we are offering:
- Temporary position, duration of approximately one year (maternity leave replacement)
- Full-time schedule (35 hours/week)
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
Want to take up the challenge?
Submit your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com by November 9, 2018. Please mention “Team Coordinator – West Island” in the email subject line.