Hold a Fundraiser
Do you want to reach out and touch the hearts of lonely, isolated seniors? Interested in putting your energy, creativity and community spirit to work to lend a helping hand to Little Brothers?
Organizing a fundraiser is an excellent way to support us in our mission to make a difference in the lives of our Elder Friends.
You can team up with your co-workers, schoolmates, family members, friends or neighbours – and you can count on us to offer guidance and insight along the way.
How it works
Simply put: you come up with the idea, and we’ll help you bring it to life! We have a wide range of ready-to-use tools and promotional materials we can provide to you, and we can use our social media channels and other connections to get the word out. We can also send a Little Brothers representative to be there at your event.
Here are a few suggestions to inspire you:
- Workplace donations
- Benefit dinner
- “5 à 7” reception and/or product tasting
- Breakfast talk
- Sports tournament (volleyball, soccer, etc.)
- Community supper (paella, couscous, pork & sauerkraut, etc.)
- Disco night
- Sale of Christmas lights
- Jewellery sale
- Art auction
Whatever your idea, and whatever your event, know that your support means the world to everyone here at Little Brothers.
Call Jacinthe Roy at 514 527-8653, ext. 230, to let her know what your plans are. If you prefer, you can get the ball rolling by sending her a completed fundraiser proposal form at firstname.lastname@example.org. She or one of her colleagues will be in touch with you shortly afterward.
Spotlight on some of our big-hearted supporters
We are extremely fortunate to have been the recipients of the proceeds from a number of annual and one-time events, including:
- Morning talk presented by Le Breakfast Club (Quebec City)
- Qigong workshop in Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park (Montreal)
- “Défi de nage” swimming competition (Sherbrooke)
- Golf tournament held by Gyptech Acoustique and Index Construction (Saint-Gilles)
- Granfondo Garneau-Quebecor (Trois-Rivières–Quebec City)
- Travel talk by Les Petits Explorateurs (Quebec City)
- Barbecue fundraiser hosted by Alex Pneus et Mécanique (Montreal)
- Town golf tournament (Thetford Mines)
- Mouvement RAIZE and Les artistes mécènes (Quebec City)
- Workplace fundraising campaign at La Coop fédérée
- “Taste of France” dinner at the French consulate.
We are members of Imagine Canada and the Association des professionnels en gestion philanthropique. We also adhere to the Donor Bill of Rights set forth by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Little Brothers is accredited under Imagine Canada’s National Standards Program. More than 200 Canadian charities and nonprofits have earned this accreditation by demonstrating excellence in five areas, namely board governance, financial accountability and transparency, fundraising, staff management and volunteer involvement.