EVERY YEAR, THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF SOCIALLY ISOLATED SENIORS IN QUEBEC WHO ARE ALONE AND FORGOTTEN.
“Sometimes being together is all it takes to give someone a new lease on life.”
Volunteering with Little Brothers is a way of telling an Elder Friend that they are unique and irreplaceable – and helping them gain or regain a sense of family.
Whether you’re retired, going to school or in the active workforce, YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN AN ELDER’S LIFE.
At Little Brothers:
- You will be welcomed with open arms and receiveguidance and support
- You will meet other community-minded people
- You will change the lives oflonely seniors for the better
- You will develop valuable people skills
- You will be helping to end isolation and neglect among a vulnerable segment of the population
- You will be a source of happiness and hope
Watch a video (in French) of our volunteers getting a holiday supper ready for elderly shut-ins in Sherbrooke.
Read what a few of our volunteers have to say about their experience
In an effort to protect the vulnerable individuals we work with, we perform background checks on all of our new volunteers, trainees and employees. New checks are required every three years. We follow this procedure to the letter and appreciate your understanding.
Little Brothers proudly adheres to the best practices espoused by the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement.
Join the Little Brothers family today.
CALL US: 1 866 627-8653
Once we have received your completed application, we will contact you to get to know you a little better and tell you more about the volunteer opportunities available in your community.